Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dresser Redo

I'm still working on my youngest's room redo. I decided to bring in a dresser that we were using in the living room:
I L.O.V.E. this dresser.  I got it on ksl.com (the classified section) for $50 a year or so ago, spray painted the hardware oil rubbed bronze, painted the dresser Benjamin Moore's Wythe Blue (LOVE that color), and it is seriously one of my favorite pieces of furniture.  The picture above is from our last house, but we were using it very similarly in the living room of our current home.  Mr. Jones and I decided that a desk would serve us better in our living room here, so I pulled this guy into my youngest's room, because I liked the scale of it better than the white one that was currently in there:
That white dresser is mine from childhood, by the way.  I still love it and will find another place in the house for it.  But, for this room redo, the blue dresser was the perfect match.  Except for the blue.  As much as I adore Wythe Blue, it just didn't go in this gray and pink space.  So, I pulled out the Priscilla (Sherwin Williams) pink paint that I used to paint the stripe around the room, mixed it with some lighter pink paint that I used in my oldest's room (Benjamin Moore's Wild Aster), and came up with a pale, soft pink that I love!  
You can kind of tell in this next photo, but it's so subtle that it's hard to photograph, I painted the drawers in varying gradients of pink, starting with the darkest on the bottom, then adding the lighter paint to the mix the farther I went up.  Like I said, it's very subtle, but it makes me happy to have ombre drawers.




So, now we're one step closer to a finished room.  I have some fun stuff up my sleeves for this space.  I can't wait to see it all come together!

1 comment: