Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pillow Fun

I love to find fabric at Target for pillows.  What's that, you say?  It's not a fabric store?  Right you are.  But, I'm in love with so many of their fabrics in their table linens section that I pretend it's a fabric store, so it all works out.  I've used Target table cloths as curtains before (more than once), and I love to turn their placemats and napkins into pillow covers.  Often, the fabric patterns are the same as what they sell on their actual pillows for a whole lot more just an aisle over.  Sometimes it's as easy as seam ripping open a placemat end, stuffing a pillow form in there, and sewing it back up.  But, I decided to try something different this time and made a removable (and thus washable) envelope pillow cover.  I found a set of four napkins in a fabric I liked.  I only used three for this pillow.  One was the front of the pillow cover.  Then I overlapped two on the back to make the envelope side.  Then I pinned it all together, cut off the excess and sewed a few straight lines.  Voila!  I beautiful pillow cover that's removable and easy to make.  And here are a few pictures.  Here's the seam on the back (using the finished edges of the napkins, so I didn't even have to worry about sewing them myself):
Here's the backside: 
And here's the front:
Super easy and inexpensive.  Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment