Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Let There Be Light

For Mother's Day, Mr. Jones bought me a chandelier I had my eye on. Is it weird that I ask for light fixtures for special occasions? Because I'd like to think it's not weird, especially since this isn't the first time it's happened. Or the last.  Anyway, the light has been sitting on the floor of the front closet for about 2 1/2 months now, and I finally sweet talked my cute husband into hanging it for me. (I've yet to overcome my fear of electricity and learn how to install a light myself, but I have a feeling that it might be a skill I'll be learning in the near future since I have more light-switching-out plans on the horizon.) When I first got it, I thought I'd like to hang it in the entry way, but then I switched out the light covers on the existing dining room chandelier, and while doing so I also switched out the covers on the foyer chandelier and decided I didn't really need to change out the entire light fixture after all. I used the same seeded glass covers as in the dining room.  Let me preface these pictures with an "it's really hard to photograph this area because of the abundant amount of light shining in through the glass window in the front door." But, I love that the seeded glass light shades on the chandelier match the seeded glass in the front door window.  It looks nice in person (even though you can't really tell much of anything texture-wise in these photos).


So, I was happy with the light in the foyer, but there was a light right next door that was bugging me pretty seriously. Here it is:


I really didn't love anything about it.  The yellowy/tan light cover felt heavy for the room, and the shape wasn't my favorite either.  Enter, my Mother's Day present:



I love the shape and how it just fits in this room better. I love the light pattern it makes on the ceiling.  I love how bright it makes the room when I'm playing the piano in the evening.  Mr. Jones just shakes his head and says, "I'm glad it makes you so happy."  Yay for good lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment