Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Three Months

We've been living the country life for 3 months now.  In some ways it still feels like we just arrived, or that we're still on some crazy vacation, but in other ways it feels like it's been so much longer than three months.  We jumped right into life here, immediately being given opportunities to serve at church and getting right to work making our house our home.  I went on an early morning run with a neighbor (who lives a couple of miles away) this morning and had one of the best runs I've had since we moved here.  I finally know the area well enough to have suggested our route, and the brutal hills we live in didn't seem quite as bad as they have up til now.  I am feeling more comfortable running in this area, which is nice.  For a long time after we got here, I was nervous to run anywhere, because so many people have dogs and so few people fence them.  I didn't know the area, and I was not used to running alone.  The hills were pretty defeating for my morale, too.  So many of them are so steep and long, and I couldn't get up any of them without walk breaks.  I'm still finding my footing as a runner in this new place, but it's slowly getting better.  And the country views along the way are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment