Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Music Room

Here's the thing: we bought a beautiful home with really nice details and a lot of upgrades.  But, here's the thing:  some of the upgrades and finishings, while nice, are just not "us."  So, I've been making it my mission to personalize our new home.  And it'll be a very gradual process, I'm sure, but I thought I'd document it here for posterity (or for me to look back at in my old age).  

First up: here's a picture of the room off the front door when we looked at the house.  They were using it as an office.
Nice, right?  But that dark brown paint just wasn't floating my boat.  So, we moved in and within a week I was painting.
I chose Benjamin Moore's Palladian Blue for the color, and I LOVE it.  It's kind of a blueish greenish color, depending on the light.  Not too dark, not too washed out.  The third picture down is probably the most accurate depiction of the actual color.  Here are some shots of the finished room, which we're using as a music room:
 




I still have some work to do in here.  First up is changing the light fixture out for one I got for Mother's Day.  That will hopefully happen tonight.  Also, that corner with the chair needs a little decor TLC.  But, for me, it's a huge improvement over the dark, lodge-feel that the room had before.  Baby steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment